GCS ATHLETIC DOCUMENTS – LINKS
- GCS Athletic Manual 2017-18 – GCS Athletic Manual 2017-2018
- GCS Physical Form 2017-18 – GCS Athletic Participation Physical Form 2017-2018 – Should be completed and turned in at first practice / try-out
- GCS Student / Parent Contract – GCS Athletic Agreement – Should be completed and turned in at first practice / try-out
- GCS Student Medical Release – GCS Student Medical Release 2017-18 – Should be completed and turned in at first practice / try-out
GCS Athletics Facebook
- GCS Athletics FaceBook Page – GCS Athletics Facebook Page – visit the site for the most up to date information about GCS Athletics
GCS Athletic Mission
The mission of Grace Christian Athletics is to provide an excellent sports program for our students that will help them develop their God-given abilities. We want our student athletes to honor and glorify God in all that they do (I Corinthians 10:31). Athletics is something that God allows us to do, not something that defines us. We need to make God first place in our lives (Matthew 6:33).
GCS Athletic Philosophy
In all aspects of life, whether occupation or recreation, Christians are called to glorify God and to acknowledge the lordship of Jesus Christ. Athletes and coaches are therefore encouraged to strive for Christ-likeness in all of their activities, whether training or competing. The Grace Christian School athlete will be challenged to do his or her very best with his or her God given talents, not for selfish gain but for the glory of God and the good of the team. Competing to win is strongly emphasized, without sacrificing the display and the development of Christ-like character. Athletic training and competition provide numerous opportunities to instill the practice of Biblical principles, such as developing an appropriate approach to authority, working together as members of a team, and learning self-control in the midst of competition.
The middle school and high school teams are 1A members of the Mid-Carolina Conference (MCC) as part of the North Carolina Independent School Athletic Association (NCISAA).
Grace has won several state and national championships, and has been the state runner up numerous times. Many of our athletes have gone on to play DI, II, III, and NAIA in their respective sports and even have had one to go on to play for Team USA in the Olympics.
The NCISAA require for every athlete a complete annual physical. Please have your student’s doctor complete the “GCS Athletic Participation Physical Form” and return it to the GCS Athletic Department. This document must be on-file before your student can participate in our athletic programs.